It is compulsory to have an Apple id and password if someone is using any of the devices from Apple like the iPhone, iPad, iPod or even the Mac. Almost every online service requires an Id and password these days. So, anyone who forgets one of the passwords can be easily forgiven. Passwords of Ids don’t matter much in most of the online services but when you are using Apple devices, your Apple Id and its password is very significant while accessing any of the important services provided by Apple online. But there is no need to panic if you have forgot your Apple Id password there are ways to reset your Apple Id password
. But you should always keep in mind that once you have forgot the password of Apple Id there is no way Apple is going to tell you your password not even through email or any other means. Only way they would suggest is to reset your password. Though they would use your email in resetting the password but they won’t tell you the password in any case. There are many ways you can reset your password like using your email, answering the security questions, etc. Below are some ways you can reset your Apple Id password
and the steps involved in those techniques.
You can do it using the official Apple ID Account page
. Here are the steps to follow if you are trying reset password using the official Apple ID Account page:
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Click on the option saying Forgot Apple ID or password.
- A new page will be opened where you will be asked to enter your APPLE ID.
- After clicking on Enter you will be taken to a new page to enter the email ID associated with your Apple account. After entering the email ID click on the option I need to reset my password. (in case you have enabled two-factor authentication, you may be asked to confirm your phone number)
- Then you will be asked to the way to reset your password either via email or by answering some security questions.
- In case you choose the option to use your email then you will be sent instructions on your email which will guide you through the process of resetting your Apple ID password.
- If you choose to reset your password by answering security questions then you will be asked to confirm your Birthday and then you have answer the specific questions.
If you want to reset your iPhone without the Apple ID password,
you will be required to enter the Recovery mode in your device. This will enable you to completely reset your device without using your Apple ID and the password. But before doing so make sure that you have created backup for the data stored in your phone because it is going to delete all the data available in your I-phone. Now follow these steps to reset your iPhone without using your Apple ID and password
. Entering the recovery mode requires you to follow different paths based on the model of your iPhone. Here are the steps to follow if you want to enter the recovery mode:
- Turn off your iPhone using the sleep/wake button on the side.
- Now hold the sleep/wake button until a slider appears on your screen. In case you don’t see any slider then hold the sleep/wake button until the screen goes dark.
- Now get a computer which has iTunes already installed on it but make sure iTunes is not running at this time.
- Plug the syncing cable into your phone and
- hold the home button while you plug other end of the cable to your computer(in case you are using iPhone 6s or any other earlier version).
- Hold the volume down button while you plug the other end of the synching cable into your pc(in case you are using iPhone 7)
- Hold down the side button while you plug in the other end of the cable in to your pc(in case you are using iPhone 8 and later versions).
- Keep holding the button until Connect to iTunes screen appears on your iPhone.
- If you have seen this screen then your iPhone in is Recovery mode.
- Then a pop up screen will appear and you will be asked to update or Recover your device.
- Click on the option saying